Using the cautery method of dehorning is one of the most efficient methods of dehorning young calves. This handy dehorner is exactly the same as the Stainless steel handle version (DH1) however it has a plastic handle. With a large copper alloy element that supplies plenty of heat and an adjustor valve to control heat this dehorner is really easy to use. Supplied with a 2.7m LPG hose ready to connect to a standard gas bottle and as standard with a 18 mm element which is recommended for calves 4-8 weeks old. Also available is a 16 mm element for calves 2-5 weeks old; and a 20 mm element for calves with bigger horn buds.
- LPG fired – runs off BBQ gas bottle
- Excellent heat retention in cold conditions
- Spare parts and servicing readily available
- Hook to hang dehorner upright when in use
- Standard with 18mm dehorning tip.
- Optional 16mm and 20mm dehorning tip