Nightshift Production Fabricator/Welder
Company: Te Pari Products Ltd
Location: Waitaki, Otago
Pay & Benefits: Competitive Renumeration
Type: Full time, Permanent
Te Pari is based in Oamaru in North Otago on the South Island. Working at Te Pari offers you the opportunity to work for a global company in a fast paced engineering environment, while enjoying all the benefits of small town living such as affordable homes, great schools and beautiful scenery while being close enough to big cities.
The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent time management skills to meet production deadlines.
- A willingness to learn and to promote continuous improvement.
- Strong values of honesty, trust, respect and integrity.
- Experience in the mechanical/engineering trades preferable.
- Clean bill of health.
This role will involve following procedures to assemble a product out of raw materials, studying drawings and specifications, moderate lifting and using a range of hand tools and equipment.
- Producing Te Pari Products to an acceptable quality, within the scheduled hours, in a safe manner.
- Effectively communicate and work with your team to accomplish specific goals
- Maintain Te Pari Health and Safety policies and procedures and ensure safe use of all machinery and equipment.
- Demonstrating professionalism, positive attitude and respect for all staff, customers and company property
- To fit, assemble, fabricate and weld livestock equipment.
- Follow and interpret blueprints and/or drawings to determine specific welding requirements.
- Measure and mark work pieces using straightedges, rules and calipers.
- Cut and smooth metal components using portable grinders, lathe and milling machines
- Capable to work together with the engineering and production team in a fast paced engineering environment.
- Adhere to all Company procedures, policies and guidelines.
- Execute tasks according to standards.
- Relevant Welding/Fabrication Qualifications such as a Boilermaker Trade Qualification
- Beneficial: Lean training, Microsoft Office skills, Quality assurance training and Safety Hazard recognition training.
Experience Preferred but not Required:
2+ Years Fabrication/Welding experience
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you are looking for a role you can make your own with an attractive remuneration package, waste no time and register your interest by sending your CV and a covering letter to:
Te Pari Products Ltd
PO Box 25
Ph: 03 433 0077
Or apply online now or drop in and pick up an application form.